Saturday, June 4, 2011

Not so good news

I have been having some pain in my breasts. I thought it was a blocked duct, mastitis, or thrush, but all seems to check clear. It's a little better now, but there is still a lot of pain that shouldn't be there. At first, I literally cried and screamed the entire time each of the boys nursed. :( I was miserable. It's still painful but not to that extent. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. 

I have gone to my doctor twice, and this last time, she said that if I'm in that much pain, we should talk pain meds. I told her no . . . if there is pain that shouldn't be there, figure out what it is and fix it instead of covering it up. :/ Her reply? Well what do you think it is? Uhhh . . . that's why I'm here . . .

Anyway, to appease me, she sent me in for blood work and an ultrasound. I'm still waiting on the official results and reports, but they did tell me (and I saw) that there is a mass in one breast. They took images and measurements. The radiologist said that I should get it rechecked in 6 months. I am not happy about that!! If it's a mass that shouldn't be there, I want it figured out sooner than later. (I sound like a broken record!!! Why do all these docs want to cover up things and take the "wait and see" approach?) They said it is not the source of the pains I'm having, but something to watch. They are sending the full report to my doctor. So I wait . . .

I am in need of prayers and good thoughts that it's nothing serious. :( I have let my mind wander to places I don't want to go . . . and it is a scary place to be.

1 comment:

  1. How worriesome! I am so sorry you are going through this - I would not be happy to be told to wait 6 months either! Sending T&P's your way that it's just something totally harmless!

    ReplyDelete